Tuesday, April 8, 2008

No Recipe Today or Devotional

But I will tell you about the new challenge we started. This is our kick-off to summer. We started our own version of The Biggest Loser but ours is called the Joyous Loser. This is our second week in and so far we've had two women already lose over 3 pounds each (wtg girls, I'm so proud of you!). The challenge will last 12 weeks - to June 24th - just like biggest loser. We will also go by highest percentage of weight loss. The winner of the weight challenge will win an actual cash prize - just like TBL. I'm also throwing in some other challenges just so everyone gets a chance at a prize. The idea is to jump-start us to getting in shape for the summer. We will have an inch worm prize which is the most inches lost, an exercise prize which is the most minutes of exercise collectively over the 12 weeks, the chug prize which is the most 8 oz. glasses of water drunk over the 12 weeks, the goal getter prize which is a prize for those who reach their personal goals at the end of the 12 weeks - for example my goal is to lose 30 pounds, and there will also be a prize for the most attendance. Everyone who participates will also get a little token or prize - probably a charm for the bracelets. My hope is that this will be the final push and motivation we've all needed. I know I for one definitely needed this! We will be keeping track of the results every week by posting it on white boards. There is also one more thing to this challenge that I'm not sure anyone likes, but maybe it will be a great motivator lol - We have the Unjoyful Gainer board. Just like on TBL, where everyone can see if you've done good or bad, the Unjoyful Gainer board is for those who gain during the week and the name will stay up until there's a loss again. I'm hoping and praying that I don't ever have to put my name up there lol. Pray for us on this journey - and feel free to join us by posting your weekly results every week either on the forum or you can post a comment on the posts here on the blog.

No comments: