Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Spinach Salad

Amazing isn't it - you get two real posts in two weeks! This will become a habit I'm sure ;)

A reminder to the JOY women there is a meeting tomorrow night - not next week.

Today's recipe is for one of my favorite salads to whip up for myself when I'm running low on calories for the day but I'm still incredibly hungry. This is very filling, very low in calories and very high in good for you stuff.


Spinach Salad


2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
A sprinkle of sliced almonds - less than 1/4 cup
2 tbsp. Light balsamic dressing or olive oil drizzled on top
Fresh ground black pepper to taste


Toss together in a large bowl. Enjoy!
This can be made with many variations and you can omit the cheese if you want this to be even lower in calories. Baby spinach leaves are a staple in my kitchen. I use them in omelettes, pasta dishes like lasagna, soups, and I even make this yummy dip using green onions, baby spinach leaves and FF cream cheese - I will post the recipe for this at a later date.

No comments: