Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Motivation - God is in Control

We go from day to day sometimes feeling as though we've got it all together. Then there are those days when it seems like everything just falls apart and no matter how hard we try we cannot succeed. It is on these days that we must stop and realize that we are not in control, but God is. Our failures, our successes, they all have a place somewhere within God's ultimate plan. We succeed when we give the battle over to God and stop trying to control our own destiny. God knows what He is doing, but do you trust Him enough to let Him have the control? Everything that happens in our lives is not by accident.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

God has given us all a purpose in our lives and it is our duty to fulfill this purpose to the best of our ability and pray that His will be done in all things. Anything that hinders you or keeps you from acting in God's will is something that needs to be pruned from your life. Just as a garden with weeds cannot grow to its full potential, neither can a person with hindrances in their life. My personal hindrance is my weight. This is one battle that I know I have not 100% given over to God. This is my earnest prayer now; That I am able to fully hand this one over to God. What is your hindrance and are you ready to hand it over to God's control?

Psalm 55:18 He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.

1 comment:

katie said...

I really needed to read this today :)