Friday, March 28, 2008

Ok don't shoot me but....

I made an executive decision and made some changes to the design of the J.O.Y. shirt. I've already placed the order so I really really hope you all will like it. I made several changes including changing the dancing woman on the back to a woman kneeling in prayer. I thought this was more suited to the theme of our group - also I realized that the woman dancing was not exactly what I was looking for (I'll explain that later lol). I also changed the front to have a cross on it instead of flowers to make the whole design of the shirt more unified. Now here's the big change I made and you'll have to hear me out to understand why I made this decision - I changed the colors from pink and purple to brown and pink. The main reason I made this decision was for our modesty and the fact that brown will be less likely to show stains. I was very afraid that the pale pink color would be too see through and show dirt and stains more easily. We want to keep these fairly expensive shirts nice for a long time lol. I decided on the brown and pink versus other colors because our main Joy color is still pink and also I know that a lot of you really like brown and pink together. It's a unique combination and gives the shirts more of a "special" look. I was going to go with a light purple (violet) with dark purple print but I wasn't sure how many of you would actually like those colors together. In my heart I felt that brown and pink was the most neutral way to go. I did not make this decision lightly and I literally fretted over this all day (I started working on this at 10 O'clock this morning and just now placed the order). I never felt like the pink and purple was 100% right. The brown and pink may not be 100% right either but I felt the most comfortable with that decision. This is not something that we will be wearing all the time so if you really truly don't like it then maybe you can hold out until next year when we order again and possibly change the design. Here is the new design - let me know what you think....or not lol:

I still have 24 hours to change my mind so if you really don't like this design please let me know. If enough of you don't like it then I may still be able to change it to another color - probably the purple. If you are interested in seeing the other colors send me a message before tomorrow.

No comments: