Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday 13 - Changes I've seen since starting this fast


For those of you that are new to this blog this thirteen is about a Daniel Fast I started on April the 13Th. I was going to do the fast for 10 days but decided to continue for a full month or for however long God leads me. If you would like to read more about my adventure look back through old posts. These are the changes I've discovered since starting this:

1. There is now less of me. I'm 14 pounds lighter and 11 inches smaller.

2. Confidence in myself. I am learning to trust myself to do the right thing.

3. A new found love for cooking. I love to cook and I love to experiment so making all these new recipes is a blast. I also cook a lot more than I did before I started this.

4. I have more energy than I did two weeks ago.

5. Confidence in the Lord. God led me to this a few months ago. I did not listen then. Now I am learning to trust Him more.

6. My skin is a lot clearer and has a somewhat "healthy" glow.

7. My hair is shinier and thicker.

8. My IBS is virtually non existent now. My stomach is not as distended and bloated as it has been from all of the stress of IBS.

9. I am not as hungry as I used to be and I have to remind myself to eat sometimes. My blood sugar is probably the most stable it has been in years or ever for that matter.

10. I have an excitement for life now and an even stronger desire to be healthy and be here for my family and to be a light for the women of my church.

11. My clothes are all getting looser and a few things probably don't even fit anymore.

12. I've turned into one of those people I used to think were a little crazy. You know the type: A vegetarian, almost vegan, organic and raw foodie lol. *No offense to anyone lol.

13. I have found a new appreciation for God's food and creation. I feel like I know just how much God loves me when I eat a food that He designed specifically for the health of my body. An apple with all it's little seeds, a carrot with it's beautiful orange color, even an onion with it's distinct aroma; these are all tangible signs of God's love and amazing power.

4 comments:

Goat Gal said...

Wow! Congratulations on the great changes that God is working in your life. What a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your success! An apple does sound pretty good right now. :)

soleil said...

congratulations on your improved health. :)
it's amazing how a healthy diet can alleviate so many things.

soleil said...

well, i don't actually know how to make vegan cupcakes;however, my friend faith has recently turned vegan and will be baking vegan cupcakes for my wedding, armed with the cookbook called Vegan Cupcakes.
if you are interested, you should check her blog out. she has been posting a lot of her recipes and weight loss experiences on there.
but she hasn't posted any baking recipes as such.

but if you like brownies, i can send you a vegan brownie recipe. they were really yummy.