Thursday, April 30, 2009

I cheated, I ate the peanut sauce, and I lost 11 inches!

I do not make steak. Scratch that. I do not make steak well so I do not make steak often. Last night at the grocery store I saw that they had some pretty good steaks on sale for around $2.50 a package. I'm no expert on steak or on how to buy the best cut. I just saw that they were cheap and my family could easily have them for supper with some veggies. I've not made steak for my husband in about 2 years (yeah I'm that bad at it lol) so I really wanted to try to make these steaks as tender and tasty as possible. I knew I wouldn't have time to mess with a marinade so I bought a meat tenderizer to give that a try. (I never used one of those before. Wow that is fun! lol. Definitely a good way to vent your frustrations!)

After pounding those steaks to death and throwing them on the foreman grill they looked like they were pretty good. The smell was awesome too so I thought I might have a winner. After cutting up the steak into small pieces for the kids the temptation was too great. I just had to try that steak to see how I did. I had a piece about the size of a nickel stuck to a fork and it was sooooo tempting me to eat it! I tell you I could hear it saying "eat me" lol. My husband gave me the ok and said that it would not hurt anything if I tried that small piece. He assured me that I would not go binge on Twinkies after just one small piece of steak lol. After my husband and kids started chanting "eat it, eat it, eat it" I hurried up and stuck it in my mouth. I felt like I was on fear factor or something putting that steak in my mouth lol.

It was indeed very good. But I was able to walk away from the rest of it and not eat anymore. Victory! I was satisfied with sampling that small piece and I do not feel the least bit guilty for it. As I've said before this is about breaking some chains - not about starving myself or giving up food that I love. For me to be able to walk away without binging on the rest is truly a chain broken for me.

So after the steak incident I went on to make myself some tofu noodles, steamed broccoli and the peanut sauce recipe from Tuesday. Now in theory that sounds like it would be really good. Which it was alright, but I some how messed up the recipe. I've had peanut sauce before in TV dinners but I've never tried to make it myself. The noodles were surprisingly good actually (look for the review tomorrow) and the broccoli of course was delicious but the sauce was only good for maybe 2 or 3 bites. Then the cayenne started heating up my mouth. And then it started burning my esophagus and my stomach and I could not eat anymore! I added way too much cayenne. I accidentally wrote down the recipe as needing 2 tsp. of cayenne when in reality it only needed maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of a teaspoon or even none. I actually sprinkled more into the sauce after it looked like I had not added enough. That cayenne overpowered the sauce so much that I could not taste anything else. I plan to try this again with very little to no cayenne. So I want to apologize to anyone who wrote that recipe down on tuesday with the 1-2 teaspoons of cayenne. It should have been 1/2 tsp. The corrections have been made to the recipe below, but please make sure you check your recipe before you make this stuff.

Now for my exciting news! This is my end of the month progress report. I measured myself at the beginning of this fast and then I measured myself again this morning. I was totally and completely shocked! I've lost 3 inches from my waist and an overall 8 inches everywhere else for a total of 11 inches!!!!!! I knew I had lost a little because my favorite skirt was almost too big for me yesterday. I wasn't expecting to see 3 inches off my waist. I was so stunned I went back and measured it 3 times lol.
And as of this morning I am now down 14 pounds total from the beginning of April. Woot Woot!! Keep me in your prayers as I go through this release of unwanted weight and chains! :-) I will post a new progress report at the end of May.

No comments: